Seren: The Secret of Magic Backstory

Fantasy/Sci-Fi series. Now available on Amazon.
Phill
Site Admin

Seren: The Secret of Magic Backstory

Post by Phill » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:54 pm

This book has almost no backstory at all. It wasn't even on my radar. I had a dream about a steampunk airplane with a Victorian era luxury suite in back that was shaped like a bird and flew with a combination of magic and tech. It got me thinking about a book based on that kind of world. A few days of thought and some ideas scribbled down and that's basically it.

The rough draft topped out at just under 80,000 words, started on 9/16/2017 and finished on the 30th, making it the second fastest book I've ever written (Unicorn Dreams holds the record with 10 days). It's been through four of the five stages of editing, with the last one expected to be done by the end of the week (the 14th or 15th). After that, it's formatting it for publication, which takes a couple of days to make sure it's right.

The cover art is also mostly done with some titling and final formatting to go. Publishing usually takes 24-72 hours before it becomes available. It will be available as both e-book and paperback through Amazon. I figure it will be published before the end of the month.

The second book is already an idea, and I have ideas for others. I'm holding off on jumping into it in order to get this one finished and published. This book left some of the richest ground for a new open-ended series since Scouts. It is NOT your typical fantasy adventure novel, and DOES have some subject material some readers may find offensive - at least until they read (or get) all of the context (some of which doesn't appear until the SECOND book). It's not for the faint of heart.

This one was fun as hell to write, and I'm itching to get to the next book. SEREN: The Secret of the World (Title tentative)