Warrior King Backstory

A finished book in editing phase awaiting cover art.
Phill
Site Admin

Warrior King Backstory

Post by Phill » Sat May 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Warrior King takes up where Warrior left off, with Rick in charge and wondering what the hell he's going to do. I had the thought of making it lighter than Warrior, if for no other reason than the whole world wasn't about to be taken over by the Dark Mage.

In reviewing what I wrote, I found too much descriptive narrative, with too little actual story telling. Rick needed to get up to speed on what the Dragons were all about and I did it badly. Frankly, I was bored by it. A reader would hate it. So about 20,000 words are being scrapped in favor of more action - something that, for the most part, Warrior had going for it.

Whether or not I can even out the pace of the book remains to be seen. It's too slow in some parts, too fast in others. Remember, I wrote this thing more than 20 years ago. All in all, it needs a lot of work. The STORY is good. I just need to smooth out a lot of rough edges. So I don't expect it will be put out there anytime in the near future unless Warrior does really well once it's put out - which I will be doing by the end of May, 2013.