Warrior Backstory

Book One of the Warrior Trilogy. Available at: Amazon
Phill
Site Admin

Warrior Backstory

Post by Phill » Sat May 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Wow, no backstory on Warrior as of the 5th of May, 2013? My bad.

Warrior started off as a fantasy in my head. Kind of a guy rescues girl who isn't QUITE a HUMAN girl thing. Back in the day, when my life sucked, when I went to sleep, instead of focusing on how badly my life sucked, I fantasized about doing all sorts of heroic things, and my twisted brain always warped it into some fantastic story line. This facilitated keeping sane and coming up with some stories to write about instead of (as I've mentioned before) taking a high-powered rifle up on a water tower somewhere and shooting until the cops ended it for me.

I didn't plot it out when I wrote it. I almost never do, actually. I feel it crimps the creative processes. The story just kind of came to me and I let it grow organically as I went - which turned out relatively well.

As with most of my stories, I cast "myself" in the lead character and centered it around him.

Some trivia: I found a pewter figurine of what I imagined Rhya looked like - which led me to write Author's Image - and still have it sitting around here somewhere.

In a final note, the editing of Warrior is done. The cover art should be done by the end of the month (May, 2013) and I expect to have it published by then.